What is the Social Impact Enterprise Certification?
It is a private certification for for-profit and nonprofit organizations that are committed to action for social impact. The certification standards align with United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and IRIS+ standards with a focus on social metrics for equitable and sustainable outcomes. It is a vehicle for organizations to define, measure and showcase their social impact for all stakeholders and build trust.
The SIE Certification can help your organization in three meaningful ways
- Social Impact Strategy development and alignment with goals and plan for measurement
- The ability to tell your story and the impact your organization is making to bring in more customers, investors, or donors.
- Build trust with all stakeholders
Requirements for Certification
The SEI certification process understands that every organization has its own purpose and journey to achieve it. Key differentiator of the SEI certification is to align the organization's strategy to international goals and standards for collective impact as well as being transparent. The following is a summary of the standards:
- Organization's mission has a social impact focus and provide supporting evidence
- Organization's strategy has social development goals that align with at least one United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
- Organization has IRIS+ metrics to measure social impact depending on strategic goals
- Organization has Diversity, Equity and Inclusion goals and metrics
- Organization has plan to measure and report on metrics at regular intervals
- Organization is transparent about social impact progress
- Submit application request (below)
- Receive application which is an impact assessment form worksheet
- Guided strategic planning meetings and metric support available upon request
- Submit for review, receive feedback or consult depending on results
- Receive report, certification and all associated marketing materials